Pages

WE LOVE MUSIC

.

Labels

Friday 15 May 2015

Top 20 songs /Soundtrack of my life


"What is your Favourite song?" He asked me. A hundred emotions  swept over me,  I felt the songs I love begin to play like a soundtrack-- the  soundtrack of my life. These songs didn't play according to the sequence of how much I love them, but they came rushing and filling up the atmosphere with memories of pain,  laughter,  confusion, love-- raw teenage love filled with
angst, and devotion to a God I questioned even when many around me sang "you can't question God". The Dj must be my twin,  he/she loved what I loved.

Below are the soundtracks of my life, although, not rigid or close to being complete but we could be friends if you liked/like some of these, I could totally whisper and kiss your ears if you lived some of these!


20. "The Climb". Miley Cyrus ( Ain't about how fast I get there/Ain't about what's waiting on the other side/It's the climb, yeah!).

19."No one knows". Asa ( See, we can study history and philosophy and Plato's ideology oh oh ohh...But tomorrow's still a mystery oh oh ohh).

18. "Stan". Eminem ( You ruined it now, I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it and when you dream /I hope you can't sleep and you SCREAM about it. I hope your conscience EATS AT YOU and you can't BREATHE without me).

17. "Jolene". Dolly Parton. ( And I can easily understand how you could easily take my man/ but you don't know what he means to me, Jolene).



16."One Love". Onyeka Onwenu ( Don't be sad; understand Everybody has a day when the sun stays away).

15. "Life". Des'ree ( I'm a superstitious girl I'm the worst in the world/ never walk under ladders/ I keep a rabbit's tail).

14. "Stop and stare". One Republic ( Stop and stare / you start to wonder why you're here not there and you'd give anything to get what's fair/ But fair ain't what you really need Oh , you don't need).

13. "Fast car". Tracy Chapman ( You see my old man's got a problem / he live with the bottle that's the way it is/ he says his body's too old for working his body's too young to look like his/ my mama went off and left him /She wanted more from life than he could give/ I said somebody's got to take care of him/So I quit school and that's what I did).

12. "Immortality". Celine Dion ( 'Cause I have found a dream that must come true./Every ounce of me must see it through/But you are my only/I'm sorry I don't have a role for love to play/Hand over my heart I'll find my way/I will make them give to me/ immortality).

11. "All coming back to me".Celine Dion ( There were days when the sun was so cruel that all the tears turned to dust and I just knew my eyes were drying up forever (forever)).

10 . "I run to you". Lady Antebellum ( We run on fumes/ Your life and mine/Like the sands of time/ Slippin' right on through/ And our love's the only truth/ That's why I run to you).

9."When we call on Jesus". Necole C.  Mullen ( Weary brother/Broken daughter/Widowed, widowed lover/You're not alone/If you're tired and scared of the madness around you/ If you can't find the strength to carry on).

8. "whenever wherever". Shakira ( Lucky that my lips not only mumble/They spill kisses like a fountain/Lucky that my breasts are small and humble/ So you don't confuse them with mountains/ Lucky I have strong legs like my mother/To run for cover when I need it/ And these two eyes that for no other/The day you leave will cry a river).

7. "One of Us".Joan Osborne ( If God had a face, what would it look like?And would you want to see,  if seeing meant that you would have to believe in things like Heaven and in Jesus and the saints and all the prophets? And...).

6."Chinwe ike". Resonance ( Onye siri na ogaghi e cheta gi / Onye ahu anala/ Onye ahu e fuola).

5. "Life for rent". Dido ( While I am so afraid to fail so I won't even try/ well how can I say I'm alive).

4."Torn". Natalie Imbruglia ( So I guess the fortune teller's right/Should have seen just what was there and not some holy light).

3. "A thousand miles". vanessa Carlton ( It's always times like these when I think of you and I wonder if you ever think of me).

2." No more boundaries". Adam Lambert ( And what if my chances were already gone/I started believing that I could be wrong/But you gave me one good reason/ To fight and never walk away/So here I am still holding on/With every step, you climb another mountain/Every breath, it's harder to believe/You'll make it through the pain/Whether the hurricanes to get to that one thing).

1. "Beautiful". Christianna Aguilera ( Every day is so wonderful/Then suddenly it's hard to breathe/Now and then I get insecure from all the pain, I'm so ashamed.
I am beautiful no matter what they say/ Words can't bring me down/ I am beautiful in every single way/ Yes, words can't bring me down... Oh no.
So don't you bring me down today.
To all your friends you're delirious,So consumed in all your doom/ Trying hard to fill the emptiness/ The pieces gone, left the puzzle undone/ is that the way it is?)

You like it? What's your life's soundtrack?

So,  tell me, What if God was one of us? Just a slob like one of us? Just a stranger on the bus trying to make His way home?Just tryin' to make His way home like a holy rolling Stone. Back up to Heaven all alone, just tryin' to make His way home. Nobody callin' on the phone 'Cept for the Pope, maybe, in Rome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment